Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Informational Meeting #1 - Tonight

Tonight is the first of three informational meetings at Charter Oak Church. We will be meeting at 7:00 in the chapel and any one is invited to be present. This is a time we have carved out to make sure that anyone who has a question or concern has the opportunity to share it in a biblical manner.

I want to make sure the people of Charter Oak Church fully realize that what we are doing and the direction we are moving is right in the middle of God's will. That doesn't mean that it is a comfortable place, as a matter of fact, it means that we will be doing things that if God doesn't show up and if we aren't obedient, then we will fail.

I don't want to fail. I don't want to give Satan a foothold either. It is human nature to be curious. People have questions. I don't have a problem with that, I welcome it. However, I do know that Satan will try to use a lack of information to his advantage. It is very easy to make conclusions that are not correct, but they have been drawn based on a lack of information.

Therefore, I will speak openly about the Unlocking the Future capital stewardship program, the next building phase, the transition between Pastor Dave and me, and anything else someone wants to ask. There will be representatives there from Church Council, the building team, the finance team, and me.

I am so excited about the future of Charter Oak Church. I love to see lives changed for eternity. I love to see people who are already a part of our congregation become more like Jesus. These are exciting times. When we are doing God's work the Bride of Christ is at her best.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

God has big things in store for Charter Oak! We are praying for you all!