Friday, March 7, 2008

Strategic Planning Process


Tomorrow morning our Church Council and Senior Management Team will join together to begin the process of creating a strategic plan for the future God has designed for Charter Oak Church. I know God must be planning some very big things because I haven't had a more difficult week in ministry in a very long time. I am asking all of you who read this to be in prayer for our time tomorrow and the entire process. We want to be right in the middle of God's will. I know there is a deceiver who does not want us to be there. Please pray for me through this, I need it right now.
The scripture I have just kept in my mind is from Ephesians 4, "Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand."
Please stand in the gap for me, our Church Council, and our Senior Management Team.

1 comments:

Tom Beagan said...

There is another part of Ephesians 4 that also speaks directly to the design and implementation of a strategic plan. I like to read it from The Message, "You were all called to travel on the same road in the same direction, so stay together, both outwardly and inwardly. You have on Master, one faith, one baptism, one God and Father of all, who rules over all, works through all and is present in all. Everything you are and think and do is permeated with Oneness."