Friday, March 14, 2008

Book #6 - 7 Practices of Effective Ministry


While on study leave I re-read Reggie Joiner and Lane Jones' great book 7 Practices of Effective Ministry. I didn't include Andy Stanley as an author because he only has the introduction in the book, the rest is written by Reggie and Lane. I am sure that it was Andy who authored the whole idea of the 7 practices, but the book itself was written by Reggie and Lane.
I have read this book just about every year since it first came out. This time I read the book with our Senior Management Team and Church Council. I can't tell you how good it is to read the same book as the key leaders in your church. We all have a common vocabulary now. We all are starting on the same page. I would highly recommend to other pastors and leaders to read books together with your teams. I know our Senior Management Team and Church Council will be talking about this book for a very long time.

1 comments:

Tom Beagan said...

This is an outstanding book for church leadership. I would also recommend Reggie Joiner's book, The Present Future Church. It is a must read for the church today.