Thursday, March 20, 2008

Book # 7 - Sex God


I just finished reading Rob Bell's book Sex God: Exploring the Endless Connections between Sexuality and Spirituality. Everything I read or watch (Nooma videos) by Rob Bell challenges me to think differently and to know why I believe what I believe. I always learn something new about the Bible and what was really happening behind the words - because there is almost always something else going on behind the words. And I always learn something about myself - why I believe something or why I don't.
This book is about sex, but it is about so much more than just sex. I would put this book in the hands of every couple getting married and those who have been married, and for that matter - the hands of single people too.
The end of the book really nailed it. Marriage, God, bride of Christ, death, resurrection, wow - good, good stuff. Read it.

0 comments: