Monday, January 21, 2008

Titus 1:10-14

As I was studying Titus this morning I was struck by Paul's strong words against people who teach wrong doctrines and lead people into error. The note in my Study Bible really spoke to me about keeping my eyes and ears open to what people in leadership are doing. Here's what it says...

You can recognize false teachers because they will
  1. focus more attention on themselves than on Christ
  2. ask you to do something that will compromise or dilute your faith
  3. de-emphasize the divine nature of Christ or the inspiration of the Bible
  4. urge believers to make decisions based more on human judgment than on prayer and Biblical guidelines.

That's a pretty good filter to put on leaders - how we live our lives points to what we believe.

0 comments: