Sunday, January 20, 2008

The Rigor of an Ordinary Week

Today is January 20th, but I feel like this month has slipped by. I haven't had a "normal" week yet. I am looking forward to the rigor of an ordinary week. Every week so far this year has been shortened in some way. Last week our Senior Management Team was on a retreat together. The week before it was something else. Why is it that life goes by so fast?

Right now I am teaching on the weekends a series called "30 Days to Live." We are putting a filter on our lives because of the busyness of our lives - we are asking what would we do differently if we knew we only had 30 days to live? It is giving me some great perspective - eternal perspective and I hope it is helping the people of Charter Oak Church as well. So this week, I am looking forward to the rigor of an ordinary week and I am going to try to blog each day on some thoughts about the filter of 30 days to live.

0 comments: