Monday, January 21, 2008

30 Days to Live with Jesus

The filter we are putting on our lives at Charter Oak Church is - How would I live my life differently if I knew I only had 30 Days to Live? Today I want to write about how I would answer that question in regards to my life with Jesus. Here's what I have been processing...
  • I would start my day the same as I do now - in prayer, but I would be more open to the prompting of the Holy Spirit to talk to God throughout the day, especially at work.
  • I would drink more deeply of the Bible. I wouldn't try to read through the whole Bible in those 30 days, instead I would go deeper with specific scripture passages.
  • I would worship daily - I would turn up the music, I would sing loud, I would pour my heart fully into the praise of God.
  • I wouldn't let the things that don't matter get to me. I would seek first the Kingdom of God.
  • I wouldn't take my relationship with Jesus for granted - I know I am going to heaven and I don't have to "do" anything more, but I would be more open to where I see God at work and I would listen more openly to the prompting of the Holy Spirit. I know I miss many opportunities everyday to abide in God's presence.

What about you? If you knew you had 30 Days to Live, how would that be manifested in your relationship with God through Jesus?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pastor Chris, your 30 day messages are so timely. I find myself trying to focus on living soley for Christ, but life and all of its urgency keep me adding "living for Jesus" to tomorrows to-do list. I feel like that is false security because I feel good about myself because I'm finally going to get serious with God, because He is now on my list for tomorrow. The problem is I never get to tomorrow.

Thanks for the sermons. This month hope to have Him on today's list.

Chris Whitehead said...

That is a great perspective to have - put Jesus on today's list. I think that is something we can all strive for as we grow as His disciples.