Saturday, January 26, 2008

Book #3 - Leading with the Heart



The Chair of our Church Council handed me a book the other day that he thought I might enjoy reading - Leading with the Heart by Mike Krzyzewski, the head basketball coach at Duke University. He thought I would like it because I went to Duke and because it contained so many of the things he and I have been talking about the last few weeks in the development of Charter Oak Church's staff as a team. Stan, you were right.

I really enjoyed this book and it will stay on my shelf for a very long time. I think I really enjoyed the chapter called "Celebrate Tradition" the most. It's probably not what most people think it is, as I hope to have a very long tenure at Charter Oak Church I want to set us up for long term success, while I am here and long after I am gone. Coach K has done that at Duke in a very unique way. I really learned a lot from this book on leadership and basketball.

0 comments: