Thursday, April 2, 2009

Matthew 7

Verses 7-8, "Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened."

The desire of God is for us to bring everything to Him. I know I try to do it on my own. I don't have to, God wants me to bring it to Him and lay it at His feet and He will meet my every need. I have to remember that it all begins with seeking the Kingdom of God first, though.

I want to live in such a way that every moment and every activity I bring before God in some way. That may mean that I know the Bible so well that I filter decisions through a Biblical world-view. It may mean that I stop in all my running around and seek God's wisdom or patience about a situation. It may mean slowing down long enough and getting quiet enough to hear God's still, small voice guiding me and directing me.

God wants the very best for me, He loves me. Why do I still have trouble some times asking for His help?

0 comments: