Sunday, April 5, 2009

Matthew 10

Verse 1, "He called his twelve disciples to him and gave them authority."
Verse 5, "These twelve Jesus sent out."

I love this chapter, but it also pushes me to my knees. Jesus calls his disciples. Jesus empowers his disciples. Jesus sends his disciples. A very simple process of what it is we are supposed to be about in our lives today as disciples.

The tough part comes in the reaction of people as we live out our faith. Jesus makes it crystal clear it will not be easy. There will be people who do not want to hear about the love of Jesus. As strange as that may sound, it is true. There are people within the church that will persecute those who are obedient to the calling of God. Sad, but true.

I have been called. I have the authority of God behind me. I have been sent out.

It's Holy Week. Let's get it on!!

0 comments: