Thursday, April 23, 2009

Romans 12

Verses 1-3, "Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God - this is your spiritual act of worship. Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is - his good, pleasing and perfect will."

I think this is one of the most practical sections of scripture for me. First, I am to live out my salvation. As a matter of fact, that living out of my everyday ordinary life is an act of worship. I usually don't think of it that way, but it's true. Second, in the living out my salvation, I shouldn't look or sound like the rest of the world. It's my nature to do that so I need to have my mind brought into alignment with God's will. The reality is, my living out my salvation begins with what I believe. Do I believe God is sovereign? Do I fear God more than man? Simple, yet huge questions that will have an impact on what I believe and thereby what I do as I live out my salvation.

I want my life to have a greater influence on society than society has on me. I want the same to be said about Charter Oak Church and all churches. It begins with what I believe about God and then it becomes a lifestyle that permeates every aspect of who I am. I want to live for God's glory that He will be renown in this region and beyond.

0 comments: