Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Colossians 3

Verse 17, "And whatever you do, whether in word or in deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him."

What an all encompassing command. What if we put this filter on our lives? What would it look like if every single thing we did or said was done in the name of Jesus? How different would our world look? How different would our church look? How different would our personal lives look?

This is the heart of our Rule of Life at Charter Oak Church - "Do the next right thing." Augustine wrote, "Love God and do as you please." That is what Paul is writing here. Whatever I do (it doesn't matter if I am alone or with others), whatever I say (it doesn't matter if I am with people who are easy to love or who are difficult to love) I must do and say everything with the very heart of Jesus.

I have a long way to go.

0 comments: