Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Breaking Through

Those of you who know me know that I talk a great deal about the 33,000 people within a five mile radius of our church that do not have a church home and the 222,000 people who live in our county that don't have a church home. These people are on my heart and on my mind. They are in my prayers. I make decisions in my own life about what my part of Invest and Invite means.

I am not trying to sound self-righteous or ego driven, but I truly believe God has given Charter Oak Church a great deal of favor in this region. Lives are being changed for eternity here. I know it is happening in other churches around here. But as the leader of this congregation I feel an unbelievable burden to offer hope and love to the people of this region. I'm not saying we have a corner on that, I'm just saying that I believe God has positioned us in such a way that we can do that in a major way.

So this morning during my prayer time I asked God to equip the people of Charter Oak Church to break through our next growth barrier this year. If God has called us to offer hope and love to the people in this region (which I believe He has) and if there is such a high percentage of people looking for hope and love (which I believe there are), then to me that means God is going to use us in an incredible way this year. I want us to be equipped to be right in the middle of God's will.

I want to be willing to do what no one else is doing in order to reach those that no one else is reaching. One step further - I want to do it. I want to be obedient to God.

0 comments: