Monday, February 2, 2009

Book #1 - Made to Stick

Last month I read Chip Heath and Dan Heath's book Made to Stick: Why Some Ideas Survive and Others Die.

Since the most important thing I do to reach the most amount of people is communicating, this book was a must read for me. I had so many people tell me to get this book. I finally read it and now I understand why so many people recommend it.

In the book they share six traits that make ideas sticker:
1. Simple
2. Unexpected
3. Concrete
4. Credible
5. Emotional
6. Story

I really do want the things I communicate to "stick" with people. These traits are so important. I am now thinking about these traits, not just from a weekend communicating mindset, but also in staff meetings, one on one conversations - pretty much every time I communicate.

I really learned a great deal from this book because it gives very practical ways that people can use to make our communication better - stickier.

0 comments: