Wednesday, February 25, 2009

1 Peter 3

verse 15, "But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have."
I remember when I first starting sharing my story. I finally was able to get up the courage to talk about God's grace defining my life instead of the decisions and the actions of that part of my life.

I remember being scared to death to tell other followers of Jesus because I was afraid that people would judge me. But I also remember that when I shared my story with people who were not followers of Jesus I sensed a movement of God within me. I had more courage. I spoke more authentically. I shared my story as it was.

As I read Peter I sense he is talking about sharing our story with people who don't follow the way of Jesus. When we do that, God goes before us and He works through us. Our story is wrapped in Jesus' redemption story. I can tell my story because the life, death, and resurrection of Jesus has now become my story too.

0 comments: