Saturday, December 18, 2010

God Story #7

As Christmas quickly approaches I want to share some "God stories" with you that have been shared with me lately. If you want to share a God story that I can share with our church family please email me at cwhitehead@charteroakumc.org.

About a week before the Jr. High retreat I received notification from the organization that we were working with that the number of leaders going on our retreat was not going to be enough for their purposes. Well a week before a retreat is not a huge amount of time to try and find someone willing to jump into Jr. High Student Ministry (at least for retreat purposes!) but thanks to Tom Beagan and Bill Gates for announcing our need during the weekend worship services we received several offers of help so that I had to prayerfully make choices about which offers to accept! I thank God for moving in the hearts of several women of our church who offered to help on such short notice but especially for Kristen McKeag and Carla Zema who ended up going with us. Their assistance, along with the other adult leaders who were already along for the ride, helped make the trip a good one for our Jr. High students.

0 comments: