Tuesday, December 21, 2010

God Story #10

As Christmas quickly approaches I want to share some "God stories" with you that have been shared with me lately. If you want to share a God story that I can share with our church family please email me at cwhitehead@charteroakumc.org.

Earlier this month I made plans to have lunch with a friend, and check in on him.
Yesterday, while on vacation, I went to his house with lunch.
We had my wife's world class wedding soup with Ritz crackers.
It was excellent. So was my time spent with my friend.
We talked and told stories. I prayed and I poured into him. Encouraged him.
We spent a good 2 and a half hours together. It was good for both of us.
I prayed with him for his recovery and return to good health.
I prayed with him for their marriage and parenting of their son.
While it was a simple act, God was there. It was His plan not mine.
There are many blessings each day, and this was one of mine yesterday.
I’m so thankful for what God is doing in my life, and for what He is doing at Charter Oak Church.
More prayers and blessings and love!

0 comments: