Thursday, December 23, 2010

God Story #12

As Christmas quickly approaches I want to share some "God stories" with you that have been shared with me lately. If you want to share a God story that I can share with our church family please email me at cwhitehead@charteroakumc.org.

A little background about my experience with cars and traveling.
When I was 8 years old, I lost my oldest brother in a car accident. He went away to school and I begged my parents not to let him go, cause I knew he wouldn't come back. I just knew. He was killed in a car accident. When I was pregnant with my first child, my second brother was killed in Israel while working with the Army corps. of engineers. So, I'm not a big fan of cars. As a result I'm a very aware driver. Now, on to the God story. On my way to church this past Sunday, I was waiting at the light coming out of Lewis Rd. It's the light down from Mt. View going into Greensburg. There was no one in the turning lane from Greensburg when I pulled up. But a voice in my head told me to watch for the car that would turn in front of me on a red light. Over the years I've learned to listen to that voice. Just as my light turned green, a car pulled up in the turning lane. So, I waited a moment, and sure enough he turned right into my road on my green light and his red light. It didn't appear he even saw me. Some would say luck, some would say coincidence, but I know what I'm calling it. Needless to say I said many thank yous the rest of the ride to church. While singing worship songs, I was really feeling the spirit, and the songs just flowed. God does talk we just don't always hear. I've become very good at listening for Him. He never ceases to amaze me.Thanks for letting me share.

0 comments: