Thursday, October 9, 2008

What Does 40 Look Like?

I need some help. I am turning 40 years old in November and I will be preaching on my birthday. So I thought I would do a series on the number 40. I have the series all planned out, but I don't have a logo or an image for it yet. I'm not sure what 40 looks like. How do I create an image that captures that number? Now if you are thinking about sending an email to me with ideas that include an old, fat guy with no hair, you can stop now. I'm trying to think of something creative. If you have an idea, I would love to hear about it. Nothing is out of bounds, except of course the old fat guy idea. So here's your chance to influence the series image.

5 comments:

Tom Beagan said...

Chris you could do what Tony Morgan did and have a 40 list http://tonymorganlive.com/2008/10/06/40-things-you-might-not-know-about-me/ or how abut this Live like you were dying.
http://www.mlive.com/flintjournal/community/index.ssf/2008/07/men_celebrate_turning_40_livin.html

Anonymous said...

Chris, you don't know me, but Tom Beagan does. I am a LOGOID in Strasburg, PA....but....what about candles, but done differently. We celebrate birthdays with cakes having candles on them...but what if you had 40 different kinds of candles (e.g., pillars, votives, tea-lights, a mix?) all lit against a dark background representing points of light, the Light of Christ, etc.??? Is that worth building on? I don't really know what it is that you will preach on...but, reading your blog description of what you want to do with YOUR life, it sounds as though you want your life to be points of light for folks in transformation living with Christ. Any sparks with this?

Chris Whitehead said...

Jill,

The candles are a great image to build upon for the graphic for this series. I didn't want to go with a cake, but I like the candles idea. Thanks.

Chris Whitehead said...

Tom,

I was thinking about doing some kind of list during the first message or maybe the second weekend since that is when my birthday is. Thanks for the idea!

Keith H. McIlwain said...

I'm preaching on my 38th birthday next month (11/16), and my jaw dropped when I read the lectionary Gospel reading...Matthew 25:14-30. My sermon is called "Use It or Lose It", and I've been (painfully) reflecting on ways I've both used AND SQUANDERED God's gifts these past 38 years. It's been a good exercise, but not always fun!