Monday, October 27, 2008

Weekend Worship

This past weekend's worship blew me away. Pastor Dave completed his series, Dollars & $ense, by challenging our congregation to dedicate their hearts and lives to what God is going to do in and through the people of Charter Oak Church in the coming year as we obediently tithe. I will never get used to seeing people come forward and place their pledge to faithfully follow Jesus in the coming year with their finances. At every service I had tears in my eyes as I watched people commit themselves to the work of God.

I think it was even more meaningful now as people don't know what is going to be happening in the future, not that we knew before, but there is definitely a greater sense of uncertainty now. This is all about faith in our heavenly Father. He will provide all that we need. He will be faithful to us. He will carry the day no matter what the state of the economy is, no matter who is the president, no matter what. Our God reigns!

I thank God that I was able to bear witness to the movement of people's faith as they came forward and declared that God is in charge.

0 comments: