Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Book #20 - The 3 Big Questions for a Frantic Family



On the flight home from Kansas City I read Patrick Lencioni's new book, The 3 Big Questions for a Frantic Family: A leadership fable about restoring sanity to the most important organization in your life.

This book was written for me. I love my wife and kids, man do I ever. But I just have never resonated with the family self-help books that are out there. I don't know why, but I just don't think they were speaking my language. Pat's book is speaking my language.

This book is real. It is applicable. I didn't feel beat up or guilty after reading it. I didn't think it was pie in the sky stuff. As I was reading I could easily ask myself the 3 big questions. It doesn't matter who you are or what situation you are in, this book is relevant.

Here are the questions:

  1. What is our top priority right now?
  2. What makes us unique?
  3. How will we talk about and use the answers to this information?

If you are business minded guy who is tired of all the other family help books out there, then get this one. I'm sure it resonates with women as well, but my wife hasn't read it yet to let me know. This book will be an ongoing conversation for our family for a very long time.

0 comments: