Thursday, May 15, 2008

Sprint/Rest

Over the last month I haven't been posting very much. For those of you who tell me you read my blog regularly, I am sorry for the inconsistency.

I have been taught that life is a marathon, but within it there are times when you sprint and times when you rest. I have been sprinting pretty hard the last month and half. It wasn't a surprise. I told my wife before it started that it was coming and would go until the end of April. Here it is the middle of May and I haven't slowed down. That's my choice.

I have a huge work ethic. I am more impressed by people who have a huge work ethic than I am about anything else. That's just who I am. I'm not going to apologize for it. The people who are my real friends love me for it and in spite of it. I also realize that the only commandment that we brag about breaking is the one on keeping the Sabbath.

We all need to keep the Sabbath, whatever that may mean for you or for me. One of the things I have really been thinking about lately is margin in my life. If I have some time today, I will try to blog about what's going on in my head about margin. That is if I can create some...:-)

0 comments: