Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Book #9 - 360 Degree Leader



While I was on vacation I also read John Maxwell's book - 360 Degree Leader: Developing Your Influence from Anywhere in the Organization. This is an older book, I think it was published in 2006, but I found it in a store for $4. I couldn't pass it up!

As with all of Maxwell's books there is so much information in every chapter.

He teaches on how to lead from the middle - to have influence with those the person leads, those who are on the same level, and those to whom the person directly reports. It was very helpful to see the different perspectives and how to be influential for each group.

I learned a great deal for myself, but also about those who report to me on our leadership team. It gave me a fresh perspective and challenged me in the way I lead and serve our staff.

I would definitely recommend reading this book. If you live in this area, go to Ollie's. They have for $4. You can't beat getting a $26 book at that price.

0 comments: