Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Telling Your Story

This past weekend I challenged the people of Charter Oak Church to tell their story about what God has done in them and through them to the people in their circle of influence who don't have a church home. I just received an incredible email from a woman who was immediately put into a position where she could do just that. I love it when God confirms in very real ways what He has spoken through me on the weekend.

How awesome it was for this woman to have heard on Sunday morning about the times that God will give to each of us to enter into a spiritual conversation with someone who doesn't know Jesus in a transformational way, and then for it to have actually happened! I give great thanks to God that when the Holy Spirit prompted her, this woman shared her story with her co-worker. I know that God will bless that conversation, even if it is in ways that we will not fully know this side of heaven. The point is being obedient to the prompting of the Holy Spirit.

2 comments:

Randy Roda said...

Chris:
Than you for your column. We all have a story to tell that can encourage others to know Christ. I am in awe of what you all are accomplishing at Charter Oak. Your ministry rocks!! Check out my blog on clergy mental health at http://rodazone.blogspot.com

Chris Whitehead said...

Randy,
Thanks for your post. I did check out your blog. I think and pray for you often. Thank you for your new call to ministry. You're obedience to Him is priceless.