Thursday, February 8, 2007

Back in the News

We were back in the news last night. WTAE sent a news crew over to the church twice yesterday. You can read their article and watch the clip here. I still cannot for the life of me understand how they can get the details wrong. I thought it was there job to get them right.

I left this morning before the newspaper arrived. The Tribune Review was here yesterday as well. I don't know if they ran the story, but they sure took a lot of pictures.

All of this media stuff that happens so quickly and without notice, reminds me of how important clarity in communication is. I believe God gives us opportunities like these to speak authentically about what we are called to be about at Charter Oak Church. I think Cindy did a great job yesterday as our marketing/communications guru.

If someone all of a sudden threw a camera and a microphone in your face, would you be ready?

2 comments:

Keith H. McIlwain said...

That's some bad luck. We had a water leak in Dawson a few years back which (thankfully) was covered by insurance; didn't effect the ministry too much but was a bit of a headache. It's amazing what the enemy will do to slow down ministry.

Greg Cox said...

Last night at Ingomar, the same thing happened in their newly renovated ministry center. This was in a pipe on the second floor. They stayed out of the media, but the mess is the same. HOpe everything is well.