Monday, February 26, 2007

Deep Thoughts

Do you remember the old Saturday Night Live segment called "Deep Thoughts" by Jack Handy? I used to love those.

For those of you you check this blog from time to time to see what I am thinking about, I am sorry that I have not posted anything for the last two weeks. I have been in such an incredibly focused thinking time. I am going through a very steep learning curve right now. It's an exciting time for me as I am trying to step up my ability to do what it is that God is calling me to do at Charter Oak Church. It's also very exciting as I am learning about some things that we are going to be doing here in the future. I can't say enough times how totally awesome it is to be at this church, to be working with this staff, and to be serving with the people of Charter Oak Church!

So while all of that is going on, I have also re-read The Big Idea by Dave Ferguson. I am also in the middle of a sermon series called "The Treasure Next Door." I am trying to help the people of Charter Oak Church to see the potential in people in their circle of influence through the eyes of Jesus. And then to find a way to naturally enfold those people into the love of Jesus. It's been a great series so far, three more weeks to go.

Finally, I think I have been able to set up a one day meeting with one of my heroes for the end of May. I will have the opportunity along with Pastor Dave to learn from two great leaders at a church that is doing the right things for the right reasons. Man, I can't wait!

0 comments: