Friday, February 16, 2007

It's Been a While

Yes, I know it's been a while since I last posted anything. I have been off the chart busy the last two weeks, but some pretty incredible stuff has happened over that time frame.

First, I started a brand new sermon series called The Treasure Next Door. The whole point of this series is to help people to build relationships with people within their circle of influence so that they can point people to a relationship with God through Jesus.

Second, the freezing of one of our pipes in the chapel and everything that gets associated with that mess.

Third, our senior management team went to Sandscrest Conference and Retreat Center for a three day retreat where we looked at the future of Charter Oak Church. We looked forward in three time increments - six months, one year, and three years. It was a great time for me to listen to the other members of our team talk about their hopes, dreams, and goals for the future.

I had an aha moment while we were away. Our senior management team still has great passion for the people of this region. No one wanted to talk about taking a break or slowing down after our move. Instead, the list of dreams and goals were long. The really awesome thing was many of them were geared toward taking a stronger leadership role in the future. As we get bigger and bigger the senior management team will be doing less and less and empowering others to do ministry more and more. I was pumped up as I saw our team catching that vision!

Fourth, the major snow storm that hit this region shut our church down for two days.

Finally, and the worst of all because it slowed me down (the snow didn't have much effect on me, I carry my lap top and I have everything I need) was the installation of Google Desktop to my laptop. My computer went from a lean, mean processing machine to almost going backwards. I had heard so many great things about Google Desktop so I installed it. I could definitely see the advantages of it, but I couldn't take the slow speed. If anyone out there knows why this happened please let me know. As soon as I un-installed it, my computer went back to its wonderful self. Who knew?

0 comments: