Friday, May 19, 2006

I Guess It's Over

I guess you could say my study leave is over. I have a ton of things to get done today that would constitute "work" and not "leave." I will admit that this was one of the most helpful study leaves I have taken. I read two books and re-read another. I was able to spend some extended time in prayer and Bible study. I was able to catch up on a bunch of other reading that I have been putting off - journal articles, on-line articles, and blogs. I planned out my sermons for the summer and I have started processing the sermon series for the launch of our new facility in September.

One of the best parts of this week was to have some real, dedicated time to just think - to listen to God and discern where he is at work and how I need to be joining him in that work. I would highly recommend this week away to everyone, especially pastors. If your church community truly wants to see the best brought out in you, ask them for a week or two of study study leave that doesn't count as vacation. It is a wonderful gift from the people of Charter Oak Church to me.

0 comments: