Monday, September 12, 2011

I Believe in You

It all started with a Father who believed in His Son.

Mark 1:9-11, “At that time Jesus came from Nazareth in Galilee and was baptized by John in the Jordan. As Jesus was coming up out of the water, he saw heaven being torn open and the Spirit descending on him like a dove. And a voice came from heaven: ‘You are my Son, whom I love; with you I am well pleased.’”

Jesus began His public ministry with affirmation. Following God's public affirmation of Jesus came temptation. I believe this continues to be true for you and me. As we hear God's voice and we respond in obedience, Satan is going to try to take us off track.

After Jesus remained true to God in the face of temptation He then begins to invite others to join Him in fulfilling God's mission for His life. When we come through on the other side of temptation we have the invitation to join God where He is already at work around us.

The great thing is we get to do this with each other. I believe we are all called to be a spiritual mother or a spiritual father to someone else and I believe we all need a spiritual mother or a spiritual father in our lives. This is the model that Jesus used with the disciples and that Paul used in the early church. It's biblical. It works. We should do it too.

0 comments: