Thursday, June 2, 2011

Day 3 - #trust30


One Strong Belief

It is easy in the world to live after the world’s opinion; it is easy in solitude to live after our own; but the great man is he who in the midst of the crowd keeps with perfect sweetness the independence of solitude. - Ralph Waldo Emerson, Self-Reliance

The world is powered by passionate people, powerful ideas, and fearless action. What’s one strong belief you possess that isn’t shared by your closest friends or family? What inspires this belief, and what have you done to actively live it?

These are great questions. It's what sets us apart as unique from everyone else in some shape or form.

I believe that most people in this region are happy, content, and comfortable with where they are in their lives. I believe that level of comfort has created spiritual apathy. Most people, in my opinion, aren't passionate about very much outside their own bubble. I believe this apathy can only be cured by a deep, intimate relationship with Jesus that is focused outward towards others. I don't believe the church is a building. I believe the church is a surrendered group of people fulfilling the Great Commission. I give my life to this everyday.

0 comments: