Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Book #7 - The Imperfect Board Member


For the third or fourth time I have read Jim Brown's book, The Imperfect Board Member: Discovering the Seven Disciplines of Governance Excellence. This time I am reading this book with our Church Council. The leadership of this church is too important not to work at it and have a clearly defined path and expectations to achieve what it is that God is leading us to do.
Over the next seven months we are going to study the disciplines of governance excellence. I want our Church Council to be smart and healthy.
If you are on a board of directors, if you lead a board, or if you want to understand in greater depth how a healthy board operates, I highly recommend this book to you. I also challenge you to read it with your board, struggle through it to become the very best board of directors you can. God is counting on us to lead well.

0 comments: