Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Book #6 - The Prodigal God


This is the first book I have read by Tim Keller. I am preparing to talk about grace starting in May and I want to use the story of the Prodigal Son as the launch point of that discussion. As I read The Prodigal God: Recovering the Heart of the Christian Faith, I quickly realized how superficial I have been taught about this parable of Jesus.
Keller states that he wrote this book for the seeker or the new believer to help explain the foundational truth of the grace of God. I have a better understanding of grace because I read this book. No matter where you are on the spiritual spectrum, I highly recommend this book.
When I preach the series on grace in May, I will suggest to our congregation that they get this book, read it, then pass it on to someone in their circle of influence.

1 comments:

Eesti said...

This book is a powerful reminder of God's love for us all. If you ever questioned God's will or struggled to understand it, this book puts that understanding in your grasp. I'd also recommend that you buy "When God Stopped Keeping Score," which takes an intimate look at the power of God and forgiveness. This book too will change your life.