Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Book #2 - Making Vision Stick



My staff gave me the Barnes and Noble e-reader - Nook for Christmas. The first book I downloaded on it was Andy Stanley's Making Vision Stick. I wanted to read it because I was putting together my vision message for 2010 and beyond for the people of Charter Oak Church. It was a huge help!

I love this line from Andy, "When it comes to making your vision stick, here is the most important thing to remember: you are responsible." As I was reading this book this point really hit home and I began to look at all of the different places and times that I could be and should be casting vision. It's true for all of us in leadership positions.

After getting this idea that we are responsible for making the vision stick then you can drill down into the five main points of the book:
  1. State the vision simply.
  2. Cast the vision convincingly.
  3. Repeat the vision regularly.
  4. Celebrate the vision systematically.
  5. Embrace the vision personally.

This was a great book. It is very short so it can be read quickly and often. I am guessing that I will read through this book on a monthly basis.

0 comments: