Monday, December 8, 2008

The Hidden Gift


What is it about this season leading up to Christmas that is magical? I actually started my shopping this past weekend! Perhaps the earliest I have ever shopped in my life.
Of all of the ways that God could have made himself known to the world, he chose to come as a baby in an unknown town to an unknown woman. A quiet, humble beginning for the Savior of the world.
This is the most spiritually charged time of the year. There is no denying what season this is. And yet, we have a very difficult time talking about our relationship with Jesus with others. More people are willing to say yes to attending church on Christmas Eve than any other time of the year, yet we cower at the thought of making the big ask. They want to say yes, we are afraid of hearing no. It just doesn't connect for me.
I feel like we have this incredible gift and we are hiding it behind our backs, unsure if we should give it or not.
I'll let you in on a little secret, the gift has already been given. The point of our being is to share it openly and freely. This isn't an option. This is a priority.
I don't know how many conversations you will have with people this week and over the next two weeks, but I do know that they will be with people who do not have plans for Christmas Eve that include worship. You can help change that person's Christmas and life for eternity by simply taking the gift that is behind your back and sharing it. Our Christmas Eve worship services are at 5:00, 7:00, 9:00, and 11:00.

0 comments: