Friday, September 5, 2008

Investing


I just sent out 10 invitations to seventh grade boys for a new small group that I am starting in a week. What am I thinking? Am I crazy? Those are two questions I had to wrestle with before I agreed to say yes to this new leadership call.
The answer became very clear to me as I heard God whispering in my ear about investing in the next generation. These ten boys have immense value to God. They have kingdom potential within them for today and for the future. I don't know what the future holds for them, but I know the One who holds their future and I believe God is giving me an opportunity to invest in some budding teenagers for the next season of their life.
What about you, who are you investing in?

1 comments:

Tom Beagan said...

Chris,
Good for you. Barna research says that only 1 in 4 senior pastors places a priority on ministry to young people. I bet in time you find this more rewarding than coaching.