Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Re-engaging

Why does it seem like it takes the same amount of time to get caught up and re-engaged after vacation that you are gone? That's the way I feel. I think I have caught up on my emails, phone messages and meetings to get me to where I am supposed to be today. But at the same time I didn't post any blogs, I didn't read too many chapters in the books I am reading. I have learned that in order for me to be able to do all of those things and stay engaged with my family I have to give up certain things that I would otherwise be doing. I am willing to give up my blogging for a week to make sure I can go play soccer with my kids on Sunday night and take them to track camp last night. I am willing to read less so I can take a walk with Kelli. Re-engaging can take time, but I don't want to have to dis-engage from those who are most important to me in order to make that happen.

What about you? How do you protect yourself from dis-engaging when you are re-engaging after being gone on vacation?

0 comments: