Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Book #13 - Leadership Gold


Just about every pastor knows the picture of the guy on the book to the left - it's John Maxwell. The very first conference I went to when I was new in the ministry was John Maxwell's The 21 Irresistible Laws of Leadership. I wasn't 30 yet, I was given the incredible responsibility of leading a church and I was scared. Thanks to John's teaching, writing, and encouragement I have been able to grow by leaps and bounds in my leadership.
While on the beaches of Jamaica I read John's latest book Leadership God: Lessons I've Learned from a Lifetime of Leading. I picked this book up on a recommendation from my friend Tom. When Tom speaks, I listen.
Leadership Gold is John Maxwell's collective wisdom of 40 years in ministry and leading organizations well. After reading this book I realized I need to go back and take one chapter a week and really go after what it is that John is teaching here. If these principles worked for him, I need to press in and listen to the Holy Spirit as it applies to me and my leadership. I don't ever want to stop learning and growing. John has been one of those people who has mentored me from afar throughout my career. This book is for all leaders.

1 comments:

Tom Beagan said...

Chris you are too kind. I do think one of the keys is just as you said. Listen to God, learn and grow.