Monday, June 9, 2008

On Mission

Yesterday morning 50 adults and high school students pulled out of the Charter Oak Church parking lot to drive to West Virginia to be on mission this week. They are working in conjunction with the Appalachian Service Project better known around here as ASP. Our congregation has been working with the organization for over 25 years now. My first mission experience was with ASP, many, many years ago. It made a huge difference in my life. I hope and pray that it will have an even greater impact on the lives of those who are there now. Please join me in praying for them every day this week. Pray for their safety, their ability to stay hydrated, their ability to be the hands and feet of Jesus. I pray that every person they come in contact with, whoever it may be, that each one of them will look at that person as some one for whom Jesus went to the cross.

0 comments: