Saturday, January 6, 2007

Vision Message

This weekend I am sharing the Vision message for 2007 to the people of Charter Oak Church. I can't believe that I have this incredible responsibility. I certainly do not feel worthy of this. I just completed my final run through. It is going to be a long message. But I hope that it is a simple message that everyone can get their head around and can get their heart into.

On Friday as I just put the finishing touches on the message, I read this quote, "If a vision must be sold to others, it is not a compelling vision and is probably not from God. Spiritual leaders don't sell vision; they share what God has revealed to them and trust that the Holy Spirit will confirm that same vision in the hearts of their people."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for a very powerful message that really hit home with me. It is very easy to get use to the safety of the harbor.

Chris Whitehead said...

Thanks, Tom. Now we need to figure out a way to keep the vision hot throughout the year. Perhaps we could brainstorm ideas for reminding the people of Charter Oak Church of this vision for 2007.