Monday, January 8, 2007

Vision Message Response

This past weekend I had the privilege of sharing the vision message for 2007. At the end of the message I challenged everyone to ask themselves two questions:
  1. What's your next step in 2007?
  2. Who will you walk along side of in 2007?

I also challenged our congregation to sign up for one of our Discovery classes that we offer four times a year. Finally, I asked each person to listen to the prompting of the Holy Spirit and to come forward to receive a copy of my previous post on taking it to the next level in '07.

The response was incredible. We had more people sign up for our classes than we have ever had before. We had so many more people come forward at the end of the service to receive the card than I ever thought possible. I would have been happy with five people coming forward, instead we had hundreds. I am totally in awe of what God is doing here!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chris, the key to keeping the vision alive is to remind, remind, remind. It takes a reminder at least once every 28 days for people to keep it fresh in thier minds.

Chris Whitehead said...

Tom,

At our Senior Management Team meeting yesterday, I asked the team to hold me accountable for keeping the vision constantly before the congregation. I want to "over communicate" this year. I realize that people need to hear something six different times/ways before the really get it. So that is going to be one of my goals for this year.