Monday, April 24, 2006

Monday Morning QB 04/24/06

Here's this week's Monday Morning QB for this week:

Message: Collateral Damage (I preached)

Scripture: Matthew 18:21-35

Service Highlights: I started the message by telling the story of a dog who was leashed up to a park bench that he dragged around and caused a ton of collateral damage. Then I connected that story to being leashed up to unforgiveness and the damage it causes to ourselves and to our relationships. We heard some scripture that was very tough, like in the Lord's Prayer where we ask God to forgive us like we forgive others. When you think about it, that's really a tough prayer.

Stats: 477 in worship and 229 in Sunday school

Final Notes: Why the let down after Easter? I know it was a terrible rain storm, but to be reduced by 423 in worship seems crazy. My heart broke.

0 comments: