Thursday, May 14, 2009

2 Chronicles 16

Verse 9, "For the eyes of the Lord range throughout the earth to strengthen those whose hearts are fully committed to him."

God is searching. God is looking for people who are completely sold out to Him.

King Asa relied more on earthly influence than on the power of God. When things weren't going well for him, he turned away from God and paid off another king to come to his rescue. The thing is, Asa had already been rescued in the past by God. He had already seen the power of almighty God. Yet, here he is turning away from God and toward a "lesser god."

I wonder how many times I do this. I have seen the hand of God at work in and around me. I know that God is able to do immeasurably more than I could ever ask or imagine. Yet, I am sure that I rely on myself and my own wisdom in situations that I should be turning over to God. I don't know why I do it, but I am sure I do. I don't want to condemn Asa because I think I walk in his shoes sometimes. I do, however, want to learn from him.

As the eyes of God range throughout the earth I want them to fall upon me and strengthen me because my heart is fully committed to Him.

0 comments: