Sunday, November 30, 2008

Book #24 - Simple Church


While I was away for the Thanksgiving holiday, I read Tom Rainer and Eric Geiger's book Simple Church: Returning to God's Process for Making Disciples.
I think the thing that struck me the most about this book is that it was as if the authors were looking into our Senior Management Team meetings for the last three months. This book has been on my reading list for a while now, but I just ordered it.
God's timing is perfect.
The title of the book definitely describes the book as well as what the authors believe is the best model for leading a congregation to become more like Jesus. It is definitely a good book for people who are pastors and/or staff to read and begin to ask some very difficult questions about what you believe about how the church should be structured to bring transformation in people's lives.

0 comments: