Thursday, February 28, 2008

More than Enough

This is a picture of our group at the dedication of one of the houses we built last week. Caleb and I walked into the house and I said, "This is it. This is the house of a family of six. This is it - 12 feet by 16 feet. This is it, a little bit bigger than your bedroom at home. It helps us to put into perspective what we have and what we need." Later I asked Caleb what touched him the most about the trip. He said the house dedication.

This week I have been spending a ton of time and energy getting ready for the launch of our next capital campaign. This weekend we are going to introduce the leadership team to the congregation. I know people will be asking a lot of tough questions about money. They will turn on the television and listen to the media talk about a recession. They will look at their expenses and their debt. The evil one will seek to confuse and will try to deceive.

I am here to tell you this will be a watershed season for the people of Charter Oak Church. Without a doubt this capital campaign will be unlocking the future for us in so many ways. I believe people are going to trust God, many for the first time, with everything that they have. I believe people will give sacrificially because they are putting their faith in the providence of God and not in their possessions. I believe this campaign will grow our faith more than anything else we have ever done. Without God, we will fail. I believe with man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice, man...representing Latrobe with the T-shirt AND rocking the Nalgene in this pic!

Seems like the trip was awesome...great to hear!

Chris Whitehead said...

Thanks. I hope Australia is treating you right and you are continually sensing the power and presence of God in all you are doing.