Friday, March 23, 2007

Prolific Writers

I am totally amazed by the ability of some pastors to continually publish books, articles, blogs, etc. and still lead their congregation. I have taken a 2 week break from blogging in order to be able to do some of the things asked of me around here. I had to stop writing in order to really concentrate on some very important work.

Now I am starting to write my first curriculum for an upcoming sermon series. My next series is called Intimacy: A Look Beyond the Covers. I am in the process of writing a study guide for small groups. We are going to publish it in-house and offer it to anyone in the congregation who would like to study the material along with the sermons each week.

As I am working on this project, it makes me all the more aware of what it takes to write a book. I am hoping that this small project will teach me the discipline I will need in the future to continue to write and maybe some day, I will become a prolific writer.

1 comments:

Keith H. McIlwain said...

Neat! Good luck!