Thursday, March 29, 2007

Book #7 - Measure of a Leader

Last week I finished reading my seventh book of the year. I haven't read a book this slowly in a very long time. The author was recommended to be by my dad. He suggested another book by Aubrey Daniels, but Barnes and Noble only had this book by him. I am so glad that they did. I am already reading it a second time. There is so much good material for leadership development in this book. It's not a difficult read. There is just so much in it that carries over into the leadership of a growing church with a growing staff like at Charter Oak Church.

The quote I posted earlier has all kind of biblical applications. Think about all of the times Jesus said "you have heard it said...but I say to you..." Jesus was talking about the difference between leading with "don't do this" versus "this is the kind of lifestyle that people who are his follower live daily."

I highly recommend this book to anyone who is leading people and want to get a lot better at it.

0 comments: