Thursday, April 29, 2010

Book #9 - Swtich



This is the most practical book I have read this year, maybe in the last couple of years. For some reason Chip and Dan Heath sent me their latest book Switch: How to Change Things when Change Is Hard a few months before it was released to the public. I am so glad that they did. I loved their first book - Made to Stick, but this one was even better.

Change is always happening. Sometimes the change is good and healthy and other times it isn't. Whatever kind of change that is happening, it is almost always difficult. Here are three big takeaways for me:
  1. What looks like a people problem is often a situation problem.
  2. What looks like laziness is often exhaustion.
  3. What looks like resistance is often a lack of clarity.

This book practically equips you to realize these three truths and what to do about it. I highly, highly, highly recommend this book.

0 comments: