Monday, September 7, 2009

Book #16 - The Pursuit of God


This weekend I read a book my friend Jeff gave me at the beginning of the summer. It's written by one of those 20th century theologians that I had to read in seminary, but don't rush to get at the bookstore any more. I'm glad Jeff gave me this book.
The Pursuit of God: The Human Thirst for the Divine by A.W. Tozer reminded me of some things that I haven't wrestled with in a few years. It also spoke life into me. I get so tired of the cotton candy pop theology that floats around today that it actually causes me to read less theologically based books. Tozer in essence wrote - this is who God is and this is who we become when we go after God with everything we are and everything we have. Good stuff.
At the end of each chapter Tozer closed with a prayer. I am going to post one prayer each day for the next 10 days. I hope each one speaks to you as they did to me.

0 comments: