Monday, September 17, 2007

Proverbs 17:2

As part of my early morning time with God, I read the Proverbs chapter that corresponds with the date of the month. This morning as I read Proverbs 17, I read verse 2 and the note in my Bible that went with the verse.

"A wise servant will rule over a son who causes shame, and will share an inheritance among the brothers."

Here's the note from my Bible: "Our influence has less to do with our position or title than it does with the life we live. The key word is credibility. We gain credibility when our life matches our talk and when both add value to others. Answer the following vital questions:
  1. Consistency: Are you the same person no matter who's with you?
  2. Choices: Do you make decisions based on how they benefit you or others?
  3. Credit: Are you quick to recognize others for their efforts when you succeed?
  4. Character: Do you work harder at your image or your integrity?
  5. Credibility: Have you recognized that credibility is a victory, not a gift?"

Those five questions should be asked daily by every leader.

0 comments: