Monday, July 31, 2006

Share a Resource

I don't know how many people, if anyone, really reads this blog. But every once in a while I get an email from someone who has read what I have posted or they will hit the comment button and leave me a note. Often times the people who have done that are pastors. I want to share with those of you who use graphics in worship or in your printed material a resource that I use on a weekly basis with all of the graphics that I do here at Charter Oak Church.

I use a good bit of stock photography in my PowerPoint presentations and most recently on our newest billboard. Here is the website that I use - corbis.com. These are high quality, royal free photography that you can use. One of the best parts of the site is the search engine. The AI on it is great!

You have to register your information, but it is free.

3 comments:

Keith H. McIlwain said...

Thanks for the resource. Jefferson UMC has a screen and power point capability but it has been rarely used, and I'd like to start using it more often during sermons and for liturgical stuff. I'll check out your suggestion.

Anonymous said...

Chris, here are some other royalty-free image resrouces:

Morgue File (morgue is a journalism term that describes a file holding past issues - nothing to do with dead bodies)

http://morguefile.com/

StockXchange
http://www.sxc.hu/

YotoPhoto
http://yotophoto.com/

I've used each of these for documents and web sites.

Dave

Chris Whitehead said...

Thanks Dave. I will check those sites out. I'm always looking for something new.